Saturday 23 January 2016

For The Love of Camouflage

So no compulsions here, right? Thank God there is some freedom left.

'Keep Moving Forward' The only lesson taught by life and rightly so,as it speaks the in-consistency of my life. In consistency? Well let me jump into the 'Pensieve', Harry Potter style.

Like most of the youngsters in Pakistan, I also wanted to be an Army Officer. My friends, my family members and relatives always called me 'Fauji'. Dunno why but I was always inclined towards physical activities.Whether it was working out or my relatives shifting their house :), I always like this stuff.

Every Pakistani at some point in their life is attracted to the lust of Uniform. PMA ka raghra, Lieutenant ka Black glasses wala Shashka, like on others, also cast a spell on me. But was this the only reason behind my dream?


No! My dream was not limited.I wanted to serve my homeland.

I wanted to sacrifice. I wanted to be labelled as Capt.Akash Rabbani, Capt.Asfandyar Bukhari, Capt. Qasim Zia and I wanted to lay down my body for the motherland.

But! I lost both of my chances. I couldn't join Pakistan Army.
I couldn't wear the uniform. It was all over. Instead of army,
I had to look for something else. Facing saving led me into NUST

Things don't always happen the way you want them to. Now I've started to believe what an army officer friend said to me, after I was not recommended by ISSB, that ''You don't have to wear a uniform to serve your country''
I'm determined to continue the purpose of my life. Medium might have changed but I'm still living my dream. I'm still a Fauji. :)


4 comments:

  1. This is powerful stuff...especially the line "You don't have to wear a uniform to serve your country"......
    Nevertheless....a great read indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the appreciation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one. Nice start for writing. The only suggestion for now; do not use slang or internet language (e.g. you used 'dunno').

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete